10 Signs That You are in a Friend Rock Band
February 18, 2009 § 4 Comments
by Stephen Pilgrim
10. Five people showing up to your show who aren’t immediate friends of you or your bandmates constitutes “Fillin’ the joint.”
9. You are unshy about dancing, and often wonder why girls and boys don’t dance together anymore.
8. Pabst Blue Ribbon is your rocker beer of choice.
7. You have an exceedingly difficult time describing your music easily, and often have to settle for “pop rock” or “not emo”.
6. You reside in or near one of the twin Friend Rock capitals: Boston, MA or Providence, RI.
5. You have a preference for guitar solos. Lots of them.
4. You’ve slept on the floor of Cat Basile’s apartment.
3. Vocal harmonies. Enough to make the Beach Boys blush.
2. You adamantly refuse to make a MySpace page for your band, believing strongly in the “power of the movement”.
1. You make unapologetically catchy rock music that is as thought out as it is rocking, and NO ONE BUT YOU AND YOUR BANDMATES CARES.